Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 Power Down Time Excessive @ 90 seconds ?

James Nelson
James Nelson Member ✭✭
Is 90 seconds "the norm" for power down after power button is held for 1 second ? Doesnt bother me just curious as power up time is 45 seconds. I can force shut down by holding in the button for 2 or three seconds.

Answers

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Sometimes when I press the power button to shut down the LED stays blue and I don't see the shutting down message. If I press the button again I still don't get the shutting down message but the radio shuts down quickly.
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Yes the LED stays blue however after 85 seconds (my estimate) the shutting down is then displayed and clunk she's sleeping with the yellow led. If you push it twice and hold the second push in for two seconds the assumption by myself is a "dirty stop".... I dont like that type operation akin for restart of a crashed or locked pc. I dont know if its a defect or "the norm" . Tim may clarify as I dont want to raise a support ticket for trivia.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    James, I do not think there is a need to open a support ticket. I see a similar shut down behavior with my 6700 + GPSDO. I will query the developers about it. For now, just do one button press and allow it to do it's thing for the 85 seconds.
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Good ! THANKS Tim..... I do like the new informal forum.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.