Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power Genius XL v3.6.21 Firmware and Utility are Now Available

Tim - W4TME
Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

FlexRadio announces the immediate availability of the Power Genius XL Firmware v3.6.21 and Power Genius Utility.  Power Genius XL v3.6.21 is a general release intended for use with all Power Genius XL amplifiers, that includes new features, performance enhancements, and bug fixes.

NOTE: The Power Genius XL firmware is now fully integrated into the Power Genius Utility, eliminating the need for a separate firmware download. Please review the Power Genius XL v3.6.21 Release Notes before installing the new Power Genius Utility and firmware to ensure an optimal software installation experience.

The Power Genius XL v3.6.22 Utility/Firmware can be downloaded from the FlexRadio Systems website. 

The following are highlights for the Power Genius XL v3.6.21 Release:

Metering Improvements – A principal focus of effort in this release was to improve the performance of the amplifier’s metering sub-system. The front panel, Utility, and SmartSDR meters now show improved accuracy and responsiveness. 

Unified Windows Utility and PGXL Firmware Releases – Starting with version 3.6.21, the Power Genius XL firmware will be packaged with the Power Genius Utility, so there will no longer be any standalone firmware binaries. 

Radio Interface Enable/ (Disable) Option – The Power Genius Utility program now offers an Enable check box on each of the radio configuration screens. When an interface is enabled in the Power Genius Utility, the amplifier will accept data on the interface. When unchecked or disabled, the amplifier ignores the interface.

MEffA Caption Enhancements – The MEffA caption on the front panel display has been improved to show the three states of operation. 

PGXL Utilizes the FLEX-6000 Region – The amplifier is designed for use around the world, where limitations such as the allowable transmit frequency. FLEX-6000 Signature Series radios include a region setting for this purpose. Starting with this version of the amplifier firmware, the amplifier sets its maximum allowable power output based on the FLEX-6000 operating region.

Tagged:

Comments

• AB8WD
    AB8WD Member ✭✭

Does this address the orphaned ip issue?

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭

I just applied the update and now my PG-XL will not go into OPERATE mode. It performs self-test and then returns to STANDBY mode. I have power cycled, rebooted, etc. What's the best course of action at this point? Am I missing something?

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭

I reinstalled the update. Now the PG-XL will go into OPERATE but, every TX, even 1 watt, the PG-XL says HIGH SWR on every band and every antenna. LP-500 and AT-AUTO both show 1.3 SWR

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Paul, please open a support ticket.

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭

PGXL Utilizes the FLEX-6000 Region – The amplifier is designed for use around the world, where limitations such as the allowable transmit frequency. FLEX-6000 Signature Series radios include a region setting for this purpose. Starting with this version of the amplifier firmware, the amplifier sets its maximum allowable power output based on the FLEX-6000 operating region.

Does this mean a PGXL bought from the USA would no longer have to be driven with more power than one bought from the EU?

Is there somewhere that lists the regions and what their output would be?

• James Charlton
    James Charlton Member ✭✭

My PGXL is currently on FW 3.5.23 and I have not noticed any particular problems. Given the comments above, there seems to be no reason to upgrade. Am I missing something?

Jim Charlton AD0AB

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Broomfield, COMember, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Jim, check out the release notes. One thing you get is improved meter accuracy.

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

Are their improvements to the Icom radio CIV interface???

The TGXL works perfectly

Peter

• k1ttt
    k1ttt Member
    this seems to have problems. my amp was in for repair and came back with new firmware but when i put it back on the air and ran through the bands it would not tx on 40m. other bands seemed ok, but 40m always reported high swr even into a dummy load. also, after getting the high swr error message if i put it in standby it would not go back into operate until i cycled power... it would just report self test results (all ok) and then go to standby either from the button or the app. downgrading to 3.5.23 returned all functionality to normal.
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Broomfield, COMember, Super Elmer Moderator

I would open a new support ticket.

• k1ttt
    k1ttt Member
    i told them about it on the ticket for the other repair... waiting to hear on that.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.