Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW speed persistence?

Options
k0eoo
k0eoo Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
This questions is based on the statement Tim made for the v1.0.24 Beta software, that persistence exists for all options? If this isn't the case can FRS consider adding persistence for CW speed? thank you, Dennis k0eoo

Comments

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    As well as side tone level please. Thanks Greg
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Steve H. Added CW speed to the list some time ago. See this posting....Scroll to his reply. http://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/basic_persistence_defined Maybe we can get an update on the status....... Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Greg, Pitch and speed are both in the previous post I referenced. http://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/basic_persistence_defined Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Is this still on the list?   Recent release notes seem to indicate persistence is in place.  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com 

• k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm running the latest on my 6500 and NO CW speed persistence....   Or maybe I should ask, how is it suppose to work?
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My assumption is if you set the CW speed to 25 WPM and exit SmartSDR, then the next time you  start it up, the speed should be 25 WPM.   Currently it is defaulted to 30 WPM at startup. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I am also waiting on speed persistence. Especially when rapidly switching back and forth between bands and modes, "hunting," it is a real pain to have to reset from 30 down to 22-25 so often. ..... But then, the more practice I get, the faster I go! I started with this rig in August at only 16 wpm.... It comes back, just like riding a bicycle!
  • Ed.G
    Ed.G FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This must have fallen through the cracks. 

I'll take a look at it before the next release.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Ed, I just verified that CW persistence does not work on my 6500 with V1.1.3.  If I set the CW speed to something other than 30 wpm, then go to a different slice and mode (SSB) then turn off the 6500 and drop the PS and then restart everything, then go back to CW, 30 wpm is back again.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks Ed, figured that is what probably happened.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have written this up as a defect in our bug tracker for further investigation.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ed, Tim, and team -- thanks for fixing this in V1.2.1

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Forking off a Praise comment Please reference the new topic here: Thanks for CW Speed Persistence

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.