Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Delay setting not working

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited June 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I previously (today) reported about raspy CW but it may have something to do with the delay. It seems like delay is not working. No matter where I set the slider to it has no effect. 73 Greg AB7R

Comments

• WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    hmmm... Mine works great! Set for 500 ms and break-in was perfect for 10wpm from my Heathkit uMatic Keyer. So it doesn't sound like the problem is systemic. Mike
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Not here. I don't detect any difference between full left and the slider all the way to max. Are you using the internal iambic keyer or external? I am seeing this with an external keyer. 73 Greg
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    I want to clarify the design here so we're all on the same page. The Delay control on the CW panel is designed to be used with the internal keyer (i.e. when Break In and Iambic are selected). The design intent to have this delay take place after the final element sent. This effectively allows the user to operate non-QSK and only drop out to RX as quickly as the user wants. This is not how the software behaves right now in v0.15.13. We're aware of the problem and have a fix coming to a release near you soon. When using an external keyer (i.e. when Break In and Iambic are NOT selected), it is our understanding that the keyer itself should be in charge of when to assert the PTT and this effectively controls the "delay". This appears to work properly in v0.15.13 in my testing.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Good morning "E"! The control to use an external keyer vice internal in the past version was turning off IAMBIC. Delay should work for both the internal and external keyers. Most external keyers do not have their own programable PTT key line. All other radios, including other Flex rigs, have the delay line effective on external and internal keyers. Prior to the latest version I could set the delay to 350 ms and it behaved as you would expect. I only had to unselect IAMBIC to use the external keyer. Until the improved QSK is available I like to use the semi-breakin function as I have been. Even when QSK is available, I only use it when dxing or contesting. :) Tnx Greg
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new Idea topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: CW Delay for external Keyer

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.